UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MEDICAL FOUNDATION
TITLE: Protocoling of Computed Tomography Angiography exams and Magnetic
Resonance Angiography exams
Effective Date: 10-1-2013
Approval: See Authorization Contact: See Author
PURPOSE: To ensure that Computed Tomography Angiography (CTA) exams and
Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) exams are protocoled by the Radiologist that
is going to be dictating the study.
1. Within three days of examination date, an RT or TA will review Health Link tech
work list to determine all patients scheduled for a CTA or MRA that the
Interventional Radiologist will be dictating and send a group e-mail to them to
protocol the CTA or MRA.
2. If the study is not protocoled the day prior to the patient’s arrival an additional
group e-mail will be sent, by the RT or TA reviewing the schedule for CT or MR.
3. If the study is not protocoled by the day of the procedure the IR Radiologist of the
day will be called to protocol the study. If the IR Radiologist cannot be reached
the 1 South Park staff Radiologist will protocol the case.
4. A fax will be sent to the Interventional Radiologists the morning of the procedure
as a reminder that the procedure needs to be read out that day.
5. Neuroradiology, Angio’s for PE or survalance of aortic aneurysms CTA’s and
MRA’s will be dictated by the CT or MR radiologist of the day.
AUTHOR: Kari Pulfer RT(R)(CT) BS, Medical Imaging Manager
REVIEWED BY: Brian Sparland RT(R)(MR) BS, Medical Imaging Manager
Peter Chase, MD Modality Chief Radiologist – Radiology, University of Wisconsin
Frank Thornton, MD Modality Chief Radiologist – Radiology, University of Wisconsin
Conrad Pun, MD Modality Chief Radiologist – Radiology, University of Wisconsin
AUTHORIZATION: Samuel Charles, M.D., Medical Director, UWMF Radiology
Medical Director, UWMF Radiology Date