⌧Pharmacy Policy Manual
Chapter: Purchasing - Inventory
Operations Procedure Manual
Contracting and Purchasing Program
I. POLICY: All contracts, agreements, letters of participation and other enrollment documents for
eligibility of purchasing of drugs, supplies and technology and the participation in retail
pharmacy managed care reimbursement will be completed as outlined in the following
A. The Pharmacy department follows the hospital signature policy. In addition, this policy
clarifies specific steps taken for frequently processed contract and enrollment documents.
1. Enrollment forms and documents for purchasing programs offered through Novation
which are non-binding letters of participation may be signed by the Director of
2. Contracts for purchasing agreements negotiated directly with pharmaceutical vendors
(i.e. non-Novation agreements) will be coordinated by the Pharmacy department with
final review by UWHC legal department.
a. The UWHC Legal department will develop a standard addendum for directly
negotiated pharmaceutical contracts which will be incorporated into the agreement.
3. For Non-McKesson technology and supply contracts, pharmacy will work through
Purchasing. Legal will be involved only at the request of Purchasing
4. For McKesson supply and technology contracts, Pharmacy will work directly with
a. Legal to develop standard addendum for McKesson contracts.
5. Pharmacy will sign all retail pharmacy agreements for managed care and claims
a. Legal will be involved only at the request of Pharmacy.
Director of Pharmacy