Administrative Departmental Procedure
This department-specific procedure applies to the operations and staff of the Information Services
Department of the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority as integrated effective July 1,
Procedure Title: Master File Maintenance EAP Procedure
Procedure Number: HL-001-PRO
Effective Date: 4/5/16
This procedure defines the steps for maintenance of the EAP Master File, including who can
request, approve, and implement changes to it, and how those changes are made.
II. DEFINITIONS (optional)
III. POLICY ELEMENTS
This procedure supports the following policy:
Master File Maintenance EAP Policy (HL-001-POL)
1. Requests are submitted by the operational requestor or a representative of one of the
affected application teams through an IS service request. A key application team
representative ensures assignments are made and communication occurs with all
application teams impacted by the change.
2. Affected application teams ensure EAP records are configured according to their needs
and that testing occurs.
3. Upon sign-off by affected application teams and the requestor, assignments are added to
the IS service request for the UWMF Director of Coding and Charge Capture and the
UWHC Manager of Charge Capture for joint review and final approval.
4. If a request is not approved, the UWMF Director of Coding and Charge Capture or the
UWHC Manager of Charge Capture communicates the reason to the requestor or key
application team representative.
5. All final changes are made according to Change Management Policy standards.
V. FORMS (optional)
VI. REFERENCES (optional)
Sr. Management Sponsor: VP – Revenue Cycle
Author: Patient Business Services – Charge Capture
Reviewer(s): Health Link Technical Leaders
Approval Committee: Health Link Technical Leaders
UW Health CIO
Effective Date Next Review Summary of Changes Change Authors
Policy updates. Annual
T. Frey, E. Bakkum
Updates per SME annual
J. Leonard, T. Frey, A. Armstrong, L.
Davidson, A. Stewart