Administrative Departmental Procedure
This department-specific procedure applies to the operations and staff of the Information Services
Department of the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority as integrated effective July 1,
Procedure Title: Health Link RightFax Management
Procedure Number: HL-011-PRO-1
Effective Date: 5/6/16
This procedure describes the steps to:
• Activate RightFax in non-production environments.
• Notify stakeholders when RightFax is activated in a non-production environment.
• Inactivate RightFax after a Health Link non-production environment refresh.
II. DEFINITIONS (optional)
III. POLICY ELEMENTS
This procedure supports the following policy:
Health Link RightFax Management Policy (HL-011-POL)
A. Analyst Responsibility
1. The analyst should coordinate with the RightFax administrator.
2. The analyst sends an email notification to the UWH IS Staff distribution list with the
• Subject Line: HL– Activate RightFax (designated non-production
• Name of the test location where the fax will be sent
• Name of the test patient
• Date and time when RightFax is activated in the non-production environment
• Date and time when RightFax is deactivated in the non-production
B. Health Link Technical Team Responsibility
Assure that the environment refresh logic continues to include RightFax deactivation in
the automated process.
V. FORMS (optional)
VI. REFERENCES (optional)
Sr. Management Sponsor: UW Health CIO
Author: Business and Clinical System Directors; DBA and Server Manager; Senior Clinical
Reviewer(s): Health Link Technical Leaders
Approval Committee: Health Link Technical Leaders
UW Health CIO
Effective Date Next Review Summary of Changes Change Authors
5/6/2016 5/6/2017 Annual review/revision.
L. Woodward, J. Lemke, S. Bowman,
Annual update. Minor
L. Woodward, J. Lemke, S. Bowman
11/30/2009 11/30/2010 Original release.