FACILITIES & ENGINEERING SERVICES DEPARTMENT
POLICY & PROCEDURE
X Administrative Manual
X Computer Room Manual
Title: Maintaining the Facilities &
Engineering Services Logbook
F&E.01.10.06 Maintaining the Facilities & Engineering Services Logbook
This policy designates the responsibilities and procedures for maintaining the Facilities &
Engineering Services Logbook.
The Facilities & Engineering Services Logbook is designed to; assist in a more efficient
conduct of operations and interdepartmental communications, provide a ready reference for
Supervisors, Managers, and the Director of Facilities & Engineering Services and serve as a
record for work order follow up, review of operations, and historical research.
The Facilities & Engineering Services Logbook will be maintained by authorized Facilities &
Engineering Services staff including but not limited to control room staff, supervisors,
managers, and select personnel from the facilities and engineering crew.
III. Forms Used: The Logbook is located at J:\PE\LOGBOOK\Logbook.mdb
Accurate data with sufficient detail to identify the time, place, and action taken to record and
address important events will characterize all entries in the Facilities & Engineering Services
Logbook. It is imperative that events will be accurately recorded as they occur. Examples are
listed below include but not limited to:
1. BAS alarms that could affect a utility or could compromise patient safety.
2. Any events that would activate overhead paging, (i.e. Fire alarm, Tornado Warning, etc…).
3. Scheduled and unscheduled utility outages.
4. A record will be kept of staff reporting unscheduled absences.
5. A record will be kept of who is coming onto a shift in the control room.
6. At shift change weather conditions and utility status will be entered.
This list is not intended to be all inclusive and other events and statistics or data considered
appropriate by the person attending to a situation should also be entered.
V. Coordination: Continual Readiness Committee
Director, Facilities & Engineering Services