Pay & Benefits,Life Events,Life Events (Physicians) (UWMF),Divorce

Notifying Human Resources

Notifying Human Resources - Pay & Benefits, Life Events, Life Events (Physicians) (UWMF), Divorce


Outside of UW Health

On its website, the Social Security Administration offers the instructions and forms you’ll need to obtain a new social security card.

Taking this step will help you make any additional name changes, such as changing your name with both UW Health Human Resources and UWSMPH Human Resources.

With UW Health Human Resources

In accordance with the IRS, Social Security Administration, and the Department of Workforce Development, official name changes can only be made when accompanied by a new social security card.

Once you have your new social security card, please make a copy and fax it to HR at (608) 263-5778 or attach to an Ask HR case in ServiceNow. Please include a cover sheet with your employee ID and former name.

Once Human Resources receives and processes your name change, your name will be updated with all applicable benefits as well.

With UWSMPH Human Resources

To change your name with the UW School of Medicine and Public Health Human Resources, contact Employee Services at (608) 262-5650.