Delta Dental provides supplemental dental coverage up to the benefit maximum of $1,000 per year. An annual network deductible may apply for all services.
- 100% coverage for diagnostic and preventive services
- 80% coverage for basic services, including fillings, emergency treatment, or sealants
- 50% coverage for major services, including crowns, bridges, implants or dentures
- 50% coverage for orthodontics to age 19 (lifetime maximum of $1,250 per dependent)
All full-time and part-time employees of UWHC who are eligible for the WRS are eligible for this benefit.
All full-time and part-time employees of UWHC who are eligible for the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) are eligible to enroll in Supplemental Delta Dental.
Temporary employees who are eligible for the WRS are eligible for Supplemental Delta Dental. Temporary employees are automatically enrolled in WRS on the first day they have met the eligibility requirements:
No prior Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Service
- Newly hired temporary employees appointed to work at least 1200 hours with an expected duration of employment of 12+ months
- Current temporary employees who work 1200+ hours in any rolling 12-month period
Prior WRS Service before July 1, 2011:
- Newly hired temporary employees appointed to work at least 600 hours with an expected duration of employment of 12+ months
- Current temporary employees who work 600+ hours in any rolling 12-month period
Temporary employees may participate in this benefit and enrollment forms must be submitted within 30 days of the WRS participation start date.
Employee Monthly Premiums
Employee + One
Employee + Two or More
Enrollment in the supplemental Delta Dental insurance plan requires the submission of the Delta Dental Enrollment Form to UW Health Human Resources within 30 days of the date of hire. Coverage will be effective the first day of the month following HR’s receipt of the application.
Qualifying Life Event
Changes may be made to your Supplemental Delta Dental insurance if a qualifying life event occurs. To make changes, please review Life Events (UWHC) page for information on what changes you can make due to a Qualifying Life Event, how to obtain the applications, and when the change is effective. Completed applications must be submitted to UW Health Human Resources within 30 days of the qualifying life event.
A qualifying life event includes marriage, birth or adoption of a child, a death, divorce, termination of employment, or for dependent care only, a change in childcare providers.
An annual enrollment period is offered for Supplemental Delta Dental. Open Enrollment takes place in the fall each year. This is an employee's opportunity, outside of a qualifying life event, to make changes to their benefits.
Delta Dental Provider