The Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA) allows you to pay for medically necessary vision and dental expenses not covered by health insurance, as well as healthcare costs after your annual deductible has been met.
All full-time and part-time employees of UWHC are eligible for UWHC’s Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account. Temporary, per diem and limited term employees, employees-in-training and graduate assistants are not eligible for this benefit. To enroll in a Limited Purpose FSA you must be enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
Limited Purpose FSA
- If you enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you are eligible for the Limited Purpose FSA
- This account covers medically necessary vision and dental expenses not covered by health insurance, as well health care costs after the annual deductible has been met
- Your full annual election is available for you to use at the beginning of the calendar year
- Up to $500 in unused Limited Purpose FSA funds may be carried over to the following calendar year
- You must re-enroll in this benefit each year during Open Enrollment and make your annual election at that time if you want to be enrolled for the next calendar year
- Limited Purpose FSA Eligible Expenses
- Limited Purpose FSA Presentation
Premiums are based on your contribution election. Typically the annual contribution is divided between all remaining payrolls in the calendar year. This can be adjusted upon request.
Enrollment in the Limited Purpose FSA requires submission of the TASC enrollment form within 30 days of the date of hire. Coverage will be effective on the first of the month on or after submission of your enrollment.
Employees must re-enroll for the LPFSA each year during the Open Enrollment period in the fall.
Qualifying Life Event
Changes may be made to your LPFSA if a qualified family status change occurs. To make changes, please review Life Events (UWHC) page for information on what changes you can make due to a Qualifying Life Event, how to obtain the applications, and when the change is effective. Completed applications must be submitted to Human Resources within 30 days of the qualifying life event.
A qualifying life event includes marriage, birth or adoption of a child, a death, divorce, termination of employment, or for dependent care only, a change in childcare providers.
TASC Contact Information
TASC Customer Care is available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (all time zones) to assist you with inquiries regarding TASC service offerings.
Online Portal: https://partners.tasconline.com/ETFEmployee
Phone: (844) 786-3947 or (608) 316-2408