A Health Savings Account (HSA) lets you save money tax-free to pay for health care expenses not covered by insurance. If you do not use all your HSA funds, they carry over year-to-year without forfeiture. The money is yours, even if you leave the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) or employment.
UWHC will contribute to an employee's HSA. These contributions are considered part of the annual contribution maximum. You will want to take these amounts into consideration when determining the amount you would like to have deducted from your pay.
|Maximum IRS HSA Contributions||$3450||$6900
All full-time and part-time employees of UWHC who are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan are eligible to enroll in an HSA. Employees-in-training and graduate assistants are not eligible to enroll in a Health Savings Account.
Health Savings Accounts
- If you are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you must also enroll for the State of Wisconsin Health Savings Account (HSA)
- UWHC will make annual contributes to the HSA: Family Coverage $1500; Single Coverage $750
- You may contribute up to $3,400 annually for an individual and $6,750 for a family (HSA holders 55 and older may save an extra $1,000). Contributions are 100% tax deductible from gross income
- You may change amount of your employee contributions at any time
- Your Health Savings Account belongs to you, even if you terminate employment
- If you already have an HSA, you can keep it or roll it into the State HSA
- Enroll online for HSA with TASC. When asked for employer’s Client ID, enter TAS-WI8789
- You must re-enroll in a Health Savings Account each year during Open Enrollment to contribute funds during the next calendar year
- Health Savings Account Brochure
Premiums are based on your contribution election. Typically the annual contribution is divided between all remaining payrolls in the calendar year. This can be adjusted upon request.
Enrollment in the Health Savings Account (HSA) requires online enrollment within 30 days of the date of hire. Coverage will be effective on the first of the month on or after submission of your enrollment.
- TASC Enrollment for HSA may be done online or by paper enrollment.
Employees must re-enroll for the Health Savings Account (HSA) each year during the Open Enrollment period in October/November.
Qualifying Life Event
If you experience a qualifying life event and enroll in the High Deductible Health Plan option, you are eligible to enroll in a Health Savings Account (HSA) at that time. To make changes to your health plan enrollment/HSA, please review Life Events (UWHC) page for information on what changes you can make due to a Qualifying Life Event, how to obtain the applications, and when the change is effective. Completed applications must be submitted to Human Resources within 30 days of the qualifying life event.
A qualifying life event includes marriage, birth or adoption of a child, a death, divorce, termination of employment, or for dependent care only, a change in childcare providers.
TASC Contact Information
TASC Customer Care is available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (all time zones) to assist you with inquiries regarding TASC service offerings.
Online Portal: https://partners.tasconline.com/ETFEmployee
Phone: (844) 786-3947 or (608) 316-2408