The Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows you to pay for medical and dependent care expenses with pre-tax income.
All full-time, part-time, per diem, limited term employees and employees-in-training and graduate assistants of UWHC are eligible for UWHC’s Flexible Spending Accounts (both Healthcare Flexible Spending and Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending), and Parking and Transit benefits. Temporary employees are not eligible. If your parking costs are deducted from your paycheck, you are already receiving the pre-tax benefit and you are not eligible for the Parking and Transit benefits.
Health Care FSA
- The maximum annual contribution for medical expenses is $2,600
- This account covers medically necessary expenses not covered by health insurance such as, prescription co-pays, major dental expenses, glasses or contacts and refractive surgery
- If you are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you are not eligible for the Healthcare FSA but you are eligible for a Limited Purpose Health Care FSA
- Your full annual election is available to you to use at the beginning of the calendar year
- Up to $500 in unused healthcare funds may be carried over to the following calendar year
- You must re-enroll in this benefit each year during Open Enrollment and make your annual election at that time if you want to be enrolled in for the next calendar year
- Health Care FSA Eligible Expenses
- Health FSA FSA Presentation
Dependent Care Account
- The maximum annual contribution for dependent care is $5,000 (varies based on tax status)
- The account covers the expenses for daycare, as well as before and after school care for children under age 13. This benefit includes daycare for dependent adults residing with you
- You must re-enroll in this benefit each year during Open Enrollment and make your annual election at that time if you want to be enrolled for the next calendar year
- Dependent Day Care FSA Eligible Expenses
Parking and Transit
Most UWHC employees enjoy pre-tax parking rates without participating in this program. If you’re parking costs are deducted from your paycheck, you are already receiving the pre-tax benefit and are not eligible to participate in this benefit with TASC. If you are paying for your parking or transit out-of-pocket, you may elect to participate in this program.
- Contributions deducted monthly
- You may adjust contributions during the year
- You can make direct payments to vendors from available account funds
- Parking and Transit Eligible Expenses
Premiums are based on your contribution election. Typically the annual contribution is divided between all remaining payrolls in the calendar year. This can be adjusted upon request.
Enrollment in the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) requires submission of the TASC enrollment form within 30 days of the date of hire. Coverage will be effective on the first of the month on or after submission of your enrollment.
- TASC Enrollment Form
Employees must re-enroll for the FSA(s) each year during the Open Enrollment period in the fall.
Qualifying Life Event
Changes may be made to your FSA if a qualified family status change occurs. To make changes, please review Life Events (UWHC) page for information on what changes you can make due to a Qualifying Life Event, how to obtain the applications, and when the change is effective. Completed applications must be submitted to Human Resources within 30 days of the qualifying life event.
A qualifying life event includes marriage, birth or adoption of a child, a death, divorce, termination of employment, or for dependent care only, a change in childcare providers.
TASC Contact Information
TASC Customer Care is available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (all time zones) to assist you with inquiries regarding TASC service offerings.
Online Portal: https://partners.tasconline.com/ETFEmployee
Phone: (844) 786-3947 or (608) 316-2408