Quick Tips and Tricks
- Remember that your poster has limited space. Pick the three most important messages to convey to your audience and focus on those. You can’t share every detail – that is what a manuscript publication is for!
- Use the resources available at UWHC to help with your poster creation, including Nursing Research Council and the Clinical Nurse Specialists.
- Follow the criteria for poster development as determined by the conference or venue of poster presentation
- If you are traveling with a poster, plan appropriately by having a tube poster holder or by printing on a fabric material that can be folded and put into your carry-on luggage
- Before you print your poster, have an objective person proof-read it for content, clarity, and grammatical errors
- Explore multiple printing options before making a decision. Some options to consider:
Creating an Effective Poster Presentation (UW-Madison Library)