Stephanie Fossum, RN, Nurse Clinician, PICU
Kym Ackerman, BSN, RN - Pre/Post Surgery
Michele Glynn, DNP, RN-BC
Director, Nursing & Patient Care Services Education & Development
2017 Education Council Report Out
The purpose of the Nursing Education council is to develop and maintain a system of education that promotes competence and provides educational opportunities for UW Health nurses.
Develop, implement, evaluate and optimize:
- Identified education initiatives
- Educational programming in connection with NED
- Learning needs assessment process
- Nursing Grand Rounds programming
- Strategies for ensuring annual competencies
- Strategies for effective Registered Nurse Orientation(RNO) and Nurse Residency programs
- Educational programing for council members, chairs and administrative liaisons
Monthly (2nd Thursday, 7:30-11am)
Regular participation, no unexcused absences and no more than 2 excused absences.