Surgical Nursing Services
- 35-bed, First-Day Surgery Unit (FDS): Centralized area for the admission of first-day surgery patients (same day surgical admits); serves as a ‘holding’ area for inpatient surgical patients.
- 27-bed, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU): Provides immediate post-surgical care for patients who undergo surgery. Nurses monitor patients constantly until the effects of anesthesia are eliminated.
- 28 Inpatient Operating Room Suites, includes one Intraoperative MRI Suite): More than 12,500 surgical procedures are performed per year in 17 different surgical specialties.
- 27-bed preoperative and postoperative patient care unit
- 9-operating room suites: More than 8,000 surgical procedures are performed per year in 17 different surgical specialties.
- 7-bed post anesthesia care unit (PACU)
American Family Children's Surgery
- 30-bed preoperative and postoperative patient care unit serving both inpatients and outpatients
- 8 operating room suites: More than 5,000 surgical procedures performed per year in 17 different surgical specialties
- 10-bed post anesthesia care unit (PACU)
AORN - Guidelines for Perioperative Practices
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
AORN - Association of periOperative Registered Nurses
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Association of Surgical Technologists
Centers for Disease Control
North American Spine Society
Synthes Skeletal Simulation
Advanced Cardiac Life Support.net
American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses
American Nurses Association
Steadman's Medical Dictionary
The Advisory Board Company
Wisconsin Nurses Association