NPI nursing experts advance the profession of nursing and improve patient outcomes. Areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Diabetes Management
- Evidence Based Practice
- Infusion Practice and Technology
- Magnet Recognition Program
- Nursing Care Delivery System
- Pain Management
- Patient and Family Education
- Professional Development (NCAP)
- Psychosocial and Addictive Disorders
- Wound, Skin, Ostomy and Continence Care
We, the nurses who comprise the Department of Nursing Practice Innovation (NPI), are dedicated to advancing healthcare and excellence in nursing practice through innovation across the continuum incorporating:
- Service - We are organizational leaders who provide expertise in specialty populations, direct patient care, and practice and policy development.
- Scholarship - We seek and promote (for ourselves and others) scholarship, professional growth and life-long learning as educators, role models, mentors, coaches and interpreters of standards of care.
- Science - We improve patient outcomes through the process of evidence-based practice (EBP), quality improvement (QI) and research.
- Social Responsibility - We exemplify the values of UW Health and the profession of nursing by doing what is best for the individuals and communities we serve.
Additional Topics and Resources
The department also oversees the Nursing Practice Council, the nursing care delivery system design project and the magnet nursing initiative.
American Nurses Association
American Nurses Credentialing Center