Send Your Co-worker a "Hi-5" Through the U-Connect Directory
Hi-5 is a simple, easy way to recognize a UW Health colleague for their efforts in exemplifying UW Health's Values.
Using a simple online form, you can select a topic, write a personal note and send a Hi-5 to up to 10 people. Your colleague(s) will receive your Hi-5 in their e-mail account. A copy of the Hi-5 will be sent to the recipient's supervisor or manager, whenever possible and to anyone else you copy on the message.
To Send a Hi-5
From the Directory home page, select the Send a Hi-5 button (you will be prompted to log in) and begin typing in the name of the recipient (last name first works the best) in the "TO:" field. Select the name of the person you want to send a Hi-5 from the list.
When you have selected your recipient from the list of names, their Directory photo appears in the Hi-5 message allowing for confirmation that you have selected correctly.
Sending Hi-5's to Multiple People 1
With one recipient selected, you can add more by using the "TO:" field again. Begin typing and select the name of the person you would like to add.
To add more, repeat the process. You can add up to 10 people per Hi-5.
Hi-5 Greetings Now Reflect UW Health's Values
Select a greeting and let others know how their efforts exemplify our UW Health Values.
Copying Multiple People on a Hi-5 1
When you send a person a Hi-5, their manager is automatically1 copied on the message as well. With the new Hi-5 update, you can add to the number of people who receive a copy. To begin, start typing in the "A copy of this message will be sent to:" field. Select the name of the recipient you would like to add.
You can add up to 10 copied people per Hi-5.
Hi-5 Technical Notes
- If an employee does not have an e-mail account, or their e-mail address is not populated in the Directory, the Hi-5 will be sent to their manager, who should then print and provide a copy to the recipient
- If a manager's email address is not populated in the Directory, the Hi-5 cannot be copied to him/her. In this case, the employee is encouraged to print the Hi-5 and share it with their supervisor/manager.
- UWHC managers may copy/paste Hi-5 messages into the employee's "Notes" section in the Performance Appraisal tool for use during the annual performance appraisal process
- The person sending the Hi-5 must be able to log into U-Connect
- If the recipient of the Hi-5 doesn't have an email account and the manager doesn't have an email account, then Hi-5 would not be available
- SMPH, Unity and Chartwell employees can't be added to the "To:" field, but they can be added to the "A copy of this message will be sent to:" field.