The new UW Health Sub-Zero Clinic will open on July 11, 2017. Sub-Zero Group has partnered with Unity and UW Health to open an onsite medical clinic as an extension of their employees' current UW Health primary care medical home. The clinic will be available to all of Sub-Zero employees and their families enrolled in their Unity Health Plan. Patients who use services at this clinic will have $0 co-pay, deductible or co-insurance.
The clinic will be staffed by a Nurse Practitioner (two NP’s were hired for back up coverage) along with Medical Assistants. The NPs will also be part of the float pool and will float to the clinics that have the majority of the Sub-Zero medically homed patients. Sub-Zero Group recognizes the importance of having and maintaining a relationship with a primary care physician for all of their employees. The NPs will only be providing select on site services in order to maintain the medical home relationship.
The UW Health Sub-Zero Clinic will be open from 7am - 5 pm Monday through Thursday and Friday 7am - 11am. It is located within Sub-Zero’s Fitchburg production facility. Sub-Zero Group, Inc. manufactures the global premium appliance brands Sub-Zero and Wolf.
The clinic will have a small point of care laboratory and be a remote medication dispensing site for UW Health Pharmacy, having the ability to fill prescriptions from appointments as well as general refills from this population of patients.
What services will Sub-Zero employees continue to see their Primary Care Provider for?
- Labs not available at Sub-Zero Group Clinic
- Youth school/sports physicals
- Well child visits
- Sub-Zero required annual physicals
- Worker’s compensation
- Medical imaging
- Obstetrical/maternity care
What services are available to Sub-Zero employees at the clinic?
- Urgent/acute care for all ages
- Preventive/wellness visits 18 year and above
- Point of care labs (glucose, Hgb A1C, lipid, strep, urine dip, urine pregnancy, monospot, INR – draw only management by PCP)
- Adult immunizations
- Blood pressure checks
Why is Unity/UW Health opening an on-site clinic?
- Partner with the employer to provide services at the workplace
- Responding to specific needs of the employer to offer convenient care
- Employers want to have a single relationship with insurance company/delivery system
- Employer wants to increase productivity and lower costs
What will this mean for the UW Health PCP?
- May notice progress notes from the Sub-Zero clinic
- May receive a message from one of the NP’s to help coordinate care for the PCP’s patient
- Patients who work at Sub-Zero can get their blood pressure checked at this clinic and documented in Healthlink
- INR’s can be drawn at the Sub-Zero Clinic but all management of the INR results will be done by the primary care team