MISSION: Our Reason for Being
Advancing health without compromise through:
- Service — providing the best possible patient care experience and outcomes for all those who need our services and providing programs that support the health and wellness of individuals and populations
- Scholarship — delivering contemporary education for current and future generations of health professionals
- Science — conducting a broad range of research to discover the most promising ways to promote health and to prevent, detect and treat illness in people and communities
- Social Responsibility — doing what is best for the communities we serve through environmental sustainability, policy advocacy, health care delivery and public health
VISION: Our Place in the World
Working together, UW Health will be a national leader in health care, advancing the well-being of the people of Wisconsin and beyond.
VALUES: The Ideals we Live by
- Integrity — Doing the right things at the right time and place. Focus on the best interests of patients. Be honest with patients, learners and each other.
- Innovation — Finding new and better ways to enhance quality of care and all aspects of our work.
- Compassion — Treat patients, families, learners and each other with kindness and empathy. Connect with patients and families individually and personally and engage them as partners in their care decisions.
- Accountability — Be individually and collectively responsible for the work we do and for the outcomes and experience of every patient, every learner, every day.
- Respect — Honor patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality. Value differences among individuals and groups. Actively listen, encourage feedback and choose the best way to deliver timely and meaningful information.
- Excellence — Strive to be the best and work continuously to improve performance and exceed expectations.
- Diversity — Foster a culture of inclusion and respect among our patients, employees, learners, and the communities we serve. Through teaching, discovery and advocacy, promote equity in access to quality health care.
- Learn more about how our Mission, Vision and Values affect our strategic goals.