The UW Health New Employee Onboarding Calendar can be accessed by opening the calendar called “UW Health New Employee Onboarding Calendar-UWH” (see below) in Outlook.
Purpose & Content
The purpose of NEO is to introduce new employees to our organization, including our mission, vision, values and expected performance standards. NEO is designed to help new hires adapt to and learn about our environment via providing general information, resources, support, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures necessary for a successful start within the organization.
To enroll or schedule a new hire in NEO
L&D collaborates with Recruitment in order to coordinate NEO enrollment and attendance. Managers must work with Recruitment or other departments responsible for contract hiring (e.g., Nursing Operations Support for traveler hires) in order to schedule a new hire for NEO.
Full UW Health NEO
- Frequency: Mondays, typically 2-4 times per month (confirm with Outlook calendar “UW Health New Employee Onboarding Calendar-UWH”
- Time: 8am-4:30pm
- Location: All NEO sessions in 2017 will be held at the Madison Marriott West (1313 John Q Hammons Dr, Middleton, WI 53562) with the exception of the following dates:
- April 3, 2017 – Sheraton Madison Hotel (706 John Nolen Dr, Madison, WI 53713)
- May 8, 2017 – Crowne Plaza Madison (4402 E. Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53704)
- June 19, 2017 – Sheraton Madison Hotel (706 John Nolen Dr, Madison, WI 53713)
- October 23, 2017 – Sheraton Madison Hotel (706 John Nolen Dr, Madison, WI 53713)
- Agenda: The agenda can be accessed on the Resources tab of this page
Abbreviated NEO Details
- Frequency: Approximately every other Monday (confirm with Outlook calendar “UW Health New Employee Onboarding Calendar-UWH” – see above)
- Time: 4pm–6:20pm
- Location: E5/714 (confirm with Outlook calendar “UW Health New Employee Onboarding Calendar-UWH” – see above)
- Maximum capacity: 32 participants
- Agenda includes:
- An Abbreviated version of the above agenda, except the following: Employee Resources, Wellness Options at Work, Harassment Free Workplace, Cultural Competence, Parking and Transportation and New Employee Benefits Orientation (NEBO)
Please direct questions to Learning@uwhealth.org.
Employee Handbook (UWHC)
Parking and Maps
Getting Around UW Hospital Main Street (Map)