Why are Care Teams important?
Coordination of care has never been more important than in today’s health care environment. A consistent approach to communication is a critical factor in ensuring high quality, coordinated care. Improving the communication processes and tools to support physicians, advance practice providers and other clinicians in their efforts to provide high quality, coordinated care is the primary goal of the Care Team workflow being introduced to all Speciality Clinic over the next few weeks.
Pain Clinic and Gynecology/Oncology Clinic (pilots) Physicians/APPs and clinical staff along with staff in Information Systems, Enterprise Analytics, Health Link Operations, Regional Relations and Quality Safety & Innovation departments have provided insight, expertise and dedication in the testing and improvement of the workflows for capturing and utilizing patient care team members for clinical communication. We look forward to continuing to improve these tools and processes as we work with new and existing users of the workflow to ensure sustainability over the next several weeks.
When should I expect to be updating Care Teams?
You can start updating Care Teams now. The first wave of Care Teams updates is in progress now, and the focus is on having clinic staff (i.e. MAs, LPNs, RNs), and clinic receptionists/schedulers updating Care Teams. Inpatient clinical staff (i.e. HUCs, Case Management, Admissions, Access Center) have updating Care Teams workflows already in place, and can continue to update Care Teams as already designed. A second wave of Care Teams updates will take place in May, where providers will also be expected to utilize Care Teams information as part of their workflows.
Where can I find Care Teams education resources?
- You can find a comprehensive document on Care Teams functionality
- You can find a workflow in the Care Teams FAQ
- You can watch an eLearning on Care Teams pertaining to clinic staff
- You can watch an eLearning on Care Teams pertaining to providers
Who do I contact if I have Care Teams workflow questions?
- Email Health Link Operations: HLAmbOps@uwhealth.org
Who do I contact if I have Care Teams Health Link education questions?
- Email Health Link Education, Optimization, and Support: email@example.com
Who do I contact if I have technical issues viewing Care Teams education on U-Connect?
- Submit a ServiceNow Health Link Request if your need is non-urgent
- Contact the Help Desk: (608) 265-7777 if your need is urgent