Please note: RN Certification Workshops are temporarily on hold until Fall 2018.
Ambulatory Care Certification Workshop Dates for 2017
To Do List for Attendees
For detailed information about Ambulatory Certification for RNs go to the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) website and select the certification area.
ANCC website: American Nurses Credentialing Center describes the many different certifications available and the criteria for each.
Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification Eligibility Criteria
Credential Awarded: RN-BC
- Hold a current, active RN license within a state or territory of the United States or the professional, legally recognized equivalent in another country
- Have practiced the equivalent of two years full time as a registered nurse
- Have a minimum of 2,000 hours of clinical practice in ambulatory care nursing within the last three years
- Have completed 30 hours of continuing education in ambulatory care nursing within the last three years
- All requirements must be completed prior to application for the examination
NOTE: If you are a nurse who is an educator, administrator, etc. who is not performing hands on clinical practice, we encourage you to use the test content outline (TCO) to determine whether your role fits the description of eligibility and whether the work you do lines up with what is described in the TCO.
ANCC understands every applicant's role is different and will evaluate each application for eligibility.
AAACN recommends the following:
- If you think you meet the eligibility requirements and your role is congruent with the test content outline, apply.
- ANCC will determine your true eligibility based on what you provide with your documentation.
- If ANCC decides you are not eligible, you can appeal.
This ANCC certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies and the Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification.
Pricing and Discounts*
*UWHC reimburses the Member rate for the test. See information on the Success Pays Program.
Pricing and Discounts
|Applicable To||Initial Certification||Renewal|
|AAACN Member Discount||
|ANA Member Discount||
Also see UWHC Policy 3.18 for details about reimbursement for the test and annual bonus
View Powerpoint presentation an overview of certification