Advanced Practice Provider Professional Performance Evaluation
Performance is formally reviewed annually for all UW Health employees, based on the UW Health Performance Standards. The clinical evaluation tool for Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Midwives is also aligned with nationally recognized professional and clinical core competencies.
- Clinical Knowledge
- Patient Care
- Practice Based Learning and Clinical Improvement
- Communication and Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Systems Based Practice
Please utilize the UW Health Professional Performance Evaluation form. The template must be completed electronically (preferred) or in hard copy, and then forwarded on to others assessing your performance. It is recommended that you open the template, complete your self-evaluation, “save as” a new document, and then email it as an attachment to your collaborating physician and supervisor.
After you complete your self-evaluation, your collaborating physician and direct supervisor will then complete the evaluation form. Please select a collaborating physician who is most familiar with your work performance. If you have questions in determining who an appropriate physician is, please contact your supervisor.
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistants in APP Supervisor Roles
In addition to the clinical role evaluation via the process above, performance feedback for the supervisory role should be provided in the respective APP Supervisor section. Feedback should be provided by the physician leader (department chair, division chief, etc), administrative supervisor and Director of Advanced Practice. The overall rating is determined across the leadership and clinical roles.
The UW Health Professional Performance Evaluation form must be completed no later than August 15, 2017.
You will need to initiate and drive the process, most importantly, the communication that occurs between you, your collaborating physician and direct supervisor (Clinic Manager, Dept Administrator, etc). You hold primary responsibility for seeking evaluation from a physician most familiar with your work and your supervisor, scheduling a meeting to review the feedback, and ensuring the evaluation form is completed in full and received by August 15. Performance pay may be affected if your evaluation is not completed and received from your supervisor by the August 15th deadline.
Steps to Completion
- March 15: UW Health Professional Performance Evaluation form distributed
- Early April: Discuss timeline for completion with collaborating physician and schedule meeting for review. It is recommended you complete this step immediately to allow for more scheduling options, and ensure the evaluation is fully completed/received by the deadline
- March - June 1: Complete self-evaluation
- June 1: Forward self-evaluation to collaborating physician and supervisor
- July 15: Collaborating physician and supervisor complete their sections
- July 15 - August 15: In-person meeting with the NP/PA, collaborating physician and direct supervisor to go over review and sign-off
- August 15: Direct supervisor to scan and email completed/signed Professional Performance Evaluation form to Human Resources at email@example.com. Employee should retain signed copy for his/her records.