Staffed by registrars located at the AOB, the Registration team verifies the demographic and insurance information for UW Health patients. The Registration department also staffs the check-in hubs at 1 S. Park, 20 S. Park, West Towne and East Towne. Additionally, registration staff works registration work queues associated with missing or inaccurate registration information and/or data interfaced into Epic.
Registration phone: (608) 287-2725
Registration email: email@example.com
The Technical Services team is responsible for a variety of technical registration-related activities, including:
- Coordinating the maintenance of the payer/plan master file
- Implementing and maintaining patient work queues
- Assisting with the reconciliation of eligibility downloads from GHC, Unity and PPIC
- Working requests to inactivate, soft-delete or merge accounts
- Reviewing retro-adjudication issues
- Working with Epic and Information Systems on issues relating to the UWHC and Mauston registration interfaces
- Resolving interface-related edits
- Working registration-related denials
This department is also responsible for the implementation and support of other billing-related programs, including SyMed (credentialing) and Ventura (encounter forms). The Technical Services team also prepares a variety of internal operating reports for PBS and conducts process analysis, system needs analysis, and/or preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to fully exploit the functionality of existing systems and identify new technology solutions to support patient business services initiatives.
Technical Services email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patient Business Services