Several Airlines Fly Out of Madison, Including
- American Airlines
- See " " in "Travel" section for info on SKYCAARE (under Air Ambulances/Volunteer Pilots/Custom Buses/Airlines with Special Programs)
- Mid West Express
- North West
- United Airlines
- See " " in "Travel" section for info on free travel for qualified transplant patients (under Air Ambulances/Volunteer Pilots/Custom Buses/Airlines with Special Programs)
- U.S. Airways
- Can provide on planes out of Madison with notice (several days - week+)
- Uses MedAir, Inc, a contracted medical advisory service at 1-800-786-6006
- Physician must call the 1-800# to give a verbal order
- Physician must complete a form that the patient must carry with them
- Does not provide between connecting flights!
- Will not confirm availability of oxygen until 48 hours prior to departure!
- Not available on planes out of Madison, must use ground transport to Chicago
Note: Airlines will NOT let passengers carry on their own oxygen tanks.
If the UW is considering paying for the cost of the flight, contact Burkhaulter Travel to get price quotes, (608) 833-5218, after consulting with Social Work Manager.