For Patients Only
- A View Beyond- for women with Gynecological Cancers. Meets 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, Sept.-June, 1-2:30pm at UW Hospital, K4/618. Program and parking are free (bring your slip). Call phone608-262-8081.
- Bosom Buddies- for women with Breast Cancer. Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Call phone608-244-3062.
- Look Good Feel Better- for women cancer survivors, focuses on enhancing self-image and physical appearance. Call phone608-833-4555 or phone608-274-3262.
- After Breast Surgery Support Group- for women cancer survivors, combination of education and sharing feelings. Meets Mondays, 7-9 pm at Dean Medical Center. Call phone608-252-8179.
- Man to Man- for men with Prostate Cancer. Meets monthly, schedule varies. Call American Cancer Society phone608-833-4555.
- Madison Ostomy Association- for people with colostomies, ileostomies and urostomies. Meets monthly, schedule varies. Call phone608-267-2700.
- Reach to Recovery- for women with Breast Cancer. Call American Cancer Society phone608-833-4555.
- Share the Care- for lesbian cancer patients. Call phone608-255-0058.
For Patients & Family Members
- Make Today Count- meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month (except December), 7-8:30pm in UW Hospital, Room K6/552. Program and parking are free (bring your slip). Call (608) 263-8521.
- Renewing Life- 8 week support program focused on mind-body healing concepts. Location and schedule varies, meets once per week for 8 weeks. Costs $80 (may be covered by your insurance). Call Ingrid Dilley at (608) 251-3479.
- I Can Cope- 8 session educational program designed by the American Cancer Society. Meets on Mondays, 6:30-8:30pm at St. Mary’s Medical Center. Call (608) 258-5065.
- Kids Can Cope- for children who have cancer or have a family member with cancer. Offered at St. Mary’s Hospital Call Peggy Weber at (608) 258-6336.
- CHAT- Cancer Has Affected Teens. For adolescents whose lives are undergoing changes when someone else in the family is ill. Call Meriter at (608) 267-6027.
- The ComedyCures Foundation: “A non-profit organization giving kids and grown-ups fighting serious illness a free dose of laughter each day.” Call (888) HA-HA-HA-HA!
For more general information regarding education, emotional support and financial assistance programs outside of Dane County or in other states, please call:
American Cancer Society
(608) 833-4555 or (800) ACS-2345
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Alliance for Lung Cancer Advocacy, Support and Education (ALCASE)
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
National Bone Marrow Transplant Link
(800) LINK-BMT (phone: 800-546-5268).
The International Myeloma Foundation
For Grief/Bereavement services, please call phone (608) 246- HELP.
Support Groups Offered at UWHC
Support Groups Offered at St. Mary's