AKF Safety Net
December 19, 2012
We are writing to inform you about a few important changes to American Kidney Fund (AKF) programs.
The American Kidney Fund is a charitable organization, and like all charities, we must make the best use of our resources to help as many patients as possible. Therefore, the following programmatic changes are necessary to ensure that we manage our budget resources wisely and will allow us to continue assisting the many patients who are in desperate need of help.
Online Application Submission Requirement (Applies to all AKF grant programs)
- If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our Patient Services Department at 1-800-795-3226.
- As a reminder, you will need to register to use GMS to submit grant requests and you will need to meet the following criteria:
GMS users must have a corporate domain (See below for information regarding how to obtain a corporate domain). AKF is not partial nor do we endorse any specific email provider. Public accounts such as hotmail, yahoo, Gmail etc. are not permitted for GMS registration and use.
2013 Safety Net Program Update
- Program will begin accepting new applications on February 1, 2013.
- Patients will be eligible to apply for the Safety Net Program one (1) time per year only. (Applications must be requested at least 12 months from the check date of the last grant,) The maximum grant amount for Safety Net Program will continue to be $100.
- AKF will no longer send medication assistance in product form. A monetary grant reimbursing the expense will be provided, instead. Nutritional products and BP Cuffs are not affected by this change.
- All requests for medications, medication co-pays and transportation will require a receipt no older than 90 days from the date of application submission.
For questions regarding any of the information above please contact our Patient Services Department at 1-800-795-3226.
Dialysis of Drugs