UW Medical Foundation,Patient Resources,Social Work Services Quick Guide,Social Work Manual,Population Specific,Brain Injury,SPPN
SPPN Fact Sheet
SPPN Fact Sheet - UW Medical Foundation, Patient Resources, Social Work Services Quick Guide, Social Work Manual, Population Specific, Brain Injury, SPPN
A volunteer group of trained individuals desiring to provide support and information through telephone contact to family members whose loved one has sustained a brain injury.
Volunteer Partner needs to be:
- Family member and/or friend of a loved one who is a minimum of 2 years post brain injury
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Able to communicate effectively
The SPPN Program will be available throughout Wisconsin. Support Groups are encouraged to participate.
- An initial screening interview for all interested Volunteer Partners will be conducted
- A 1-day training will be required for all volunteers
- Gas stipends will be offered to family members/friends to offset the cost of travel to training locations
Please call the BIAW office and ask for Lori Schultz, SPPN Coordinator: (262) 790-9660 or (800) 882-9282.