- Requests for social work assistance may be made for consultation purposes, to assist with a brief intervention for a patient, and/or to provide resource information. Assistance may be provided by phone or in person.
- Available from 4:30pm until 8am weeknights.Available from 8am until 8am weekends. Please respond to pages within 15 minutes.
- All calls requesting assistance from the on call social worker must first be screened by the nursing coordinator. The only exception to this procedure is those calls placed the Emergency Department; personnel in the ED may directly page the social worker.
- On-call SW does not do d/c planning. There is a CM in-house on Saturdays and on-call Sundays; refer to them for d/c needs.
- On-call SW does not come in for POAs unless extraordinary situation; see if ED SW or chaplain can help first.
- Chaplains in-house now 24/7; they can respond to deaths and withdrawal of care on the inpatient units.
- Park in hospital ramp and have your ticket validated by Security. You can also park in ED/AFCH ramp and ED reception will validate.
- Extensive resource and process information available on UConnect in Social Work Manual.
- ED specific issues: multi-victim trauma, death and organ donation, bereavement, child abuse, Emergency Detention.
- On-call form should be completed for each call or when you go in. Form available in Social Work Manual. Send form to Social Work Manager next business day.
- Barb Liegel always available on pager. Social Work Manager can be reached by cell at (608) 513-0269 for help.