American Amputee Foundation, Inc. (AAF)
PO Box 250218
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA 72225
- Provides various forms of peer support, new amputee packet, and information and referrals to other resources and providers
Amputation Resource Foundation of America, Inc.
- Their mission: To disseminate timely and useful information, to perform charitable services, and to conduct research to enhance productivity and quality of life for amputees in America.
Amputee Coalition of America
(Local chapter associated with Meriter Hospital)
202 S Park Street
Contact: Barb Tomas at (608) 267-6000(W) or (608) 249-8565(H)
- The Amputee Coalition of America (ACA) is a national, non-profit amputee consumer educational organization representing people who have experienced amputation or are born with limb differences
- Offer peer visitors at hospitals or homes in the Madison area, or over the phone conversations
National Amputation Foundation [NAF]
73 Church Street
Malverne, New York, USA, 11565
- NAF is comprised of amputee volunteers who offer their support to fellow amputees and their families, and provide the patient with the opportunity to relate to another person who has been through a similar experience. NAF supports the new amputee in returning to as normal a life as possible within the sphere of his or her potential.
- NAF publishes a monthly newsletter, A M P that is included in membership fees of $25.00 dollars a year. There are pamphlets available and they sponsor an "Amp to Amp" program where an AMP member who has returned to a normal life will visit a new amputee.
Unlimited Potential/Rehab Institute of Chicago
345 E Superior Street
Contact: (312) 238-1160
- Meets the 3rd Sat of the month from 10am - 12pm
Wisconsin Amputee Support Group
Contact: John Dederich at (920) 336-7063 (VM)