Departments & Programs,UW Medical Foundation,Patient Resources,Social Work Services Quick Guide,Social Work Manual,Integrative Medicine
Integrative Medicine Flow Sheet
Integrative Medicine Flow Sheet - Departments & Programs, UW Medical Foundation, Patient Resources, Social Work Services Quick Guide, Social Work Manual, Integrative Medicine
Integrative Medicine Services
Information and Flow Sheet for Acupuncture and Massage Therapy
- A physician order is required before any patient may receive these services (consults ànon-physician àintegrative medicine). They should order an Integrative Medicine Consult for: Massage or Acupuncture. Then they should include any precautions or areas to be avoided. For example – if the patient cannot lie prone, the therapist will need that information.
- Once the consult has been entered, it will automatically show up in the Integrative Medicine Consults folder on HL and will print out in the rehab office in the hospital
- Integrative Medicine Services (IMS) acupuncturists and massage therapists are currently available 5 day/week for treatments – they will do all they can to accommodate each consult request each week, but cannot guarantee that every patient seeking services will be able to be scheduled
- IMS providers will check in with each patient’s nurse before proceeding with a treatment, and will document their treatments in the patients chart after every session
- These services do require the patient to pay – rates are $35.00 per 30 minutes of massage therapy, and $70.00 per acupuncture treatment. IMS providers will handle collecting the fees, which are payable by cash (exact amount only), check or credit card (Visa and MasterCard). Some insurance plans may reimburse patients after the fact. Patients should check with their insurance provider or their care coordinator to see if their insurance will cover it and the process for reimbursement. Billing for services can possibly be done, but this needs to be approved in advance by working with Michael Johnson – contact info is below.