What is Medicaid Purchase Plan?
The Medicaid Purchase Plan offers people with disabilities who are working or interested in working the opportunity to buy health care coverage through the Wisconsin Medicaid Program. Depending on an individual’s income, a premium payment may be required for this health care coverage.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To qualify for the Medicaid Purchase Plan, the following requirements must be met. The participant must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Reside in Wisconsin.
- Have individual countable assets of less than $15,000. (Countable assets include savings, life insurance policies, stocks or bonds. A home or one vehicle is not considered a countable asset).
- Be determined to have a disability by the Department of Health and Family Services’ Disability Determination Bureau.
- Remember to retain their disability, they must earn under the SGA (substantial gainful employment) level, which in 2011is $1640/mo
- Be employed in a paid position or be enrolled in a certified Health and Employment Counseling program.
- Have an adjusted family income of less than 250% of the federal poverty level, based on your family size. Contact the county/tribal social or human services department for additional information.