ABC For Health
A nonprofit law firm dedicated to ensuring families' access to health care
(608) 224-0606 (Dane County)
Federal and state mandated advocacy program designed to provide older adults with free legal services.
- To be eligible for these services, a person must be age 60 or older
- The purpose of these legal services is to help people secure help from government benefit programs to which they are entitled
These programs include:
- Social Security
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Food Stamps
- Wisconsin Community Options Program (COP)
Cancer Care, Inc.
(212) 221-3300, (800) 813-HOPE
National non-profit organization whose mission is to provide free professional help to people with all cancers through counseling, education, information and referral and direct financial assistance.
Center for Patient Partnerships
- University based interdiscplinary patient advocacy center
- Assist patients and families struggling with life-threatening and serious chronic illnesses as they navigate the health care system and address related legal, financial, and psychosocial issues
Disability Benefit Specialist Program
Benefit Specialists provide confidential assistance at no charge to adults ages 18 to 59 with physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders
- Protection and advocacy for people with disabilities
- Focus is on getting people the appropriate community services
- The person has to need help directly related to their disability
- Advocacy specialists and attorneys
- 4 attorneys back-up the county disability specialists
- Helpline re: Medicare D
The Patient Advocate Foundation
National non-profit organization that serves as an active liaison between the patient and their insurer, employer and/or creditors to resolve insurance, job retention and/or debt crisis matters relative to their diagnosis through case managers, doctors and attorneys.
"National Center for Latinos with Disabilities, Inc."/"El Centro Nacional para Latinos con Desabilidades, Inc."
- Illinois Chapter
- 1915-17 S. Blue Island Ave.
- Chicago, IL 60608
- Phone: (312) 666-3393 or (800) 532-3393
- Fax: (312) 666-1787
- TTY: (312) 666-1788
Only state-wide not-for-profit organization in Illinois focusing on Latinos with disabilities and their families.
Represents parents of children with disabilities, adults with disabilities, and professionals who serve people with disabilities.
Works toward equal participation of Latinos with disabilities in all aspects of society in an independent, productive and meaningful manner.
Pursues goals through unique linguistically and culturally appropriate advocacy, training, information and referral programs.
The Advocacy Program provides direct services to families of children, ages 0-21, and adults with disabilities to ensure that this population receives appropriate services in the most inclusive setting possible. The Advocacy Program encompasses three components: advocacy, deaf and hard of hearing services and information and referral.
National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
(877) 622-7937, (301) 650-9127
The only survivor-led advocacy organization working exclusively on behalf of people with all types of cancer and their families, is dedicated to assuring quality cancer care for all Americans.
The National Insurance Consumer Helpline
Provides assistance in finding insurance coverage, information on insurance issues and a consumer complaint service.
Wisconsin's SMP Empowering Seniors to Prevent Healthcare Fraud
Work Incentives Specialist
- The goal of the BPA&O Program is to provide statewide outreach and benefits planning and assistance services to beneficiaries with disabilities about Federal, State and local work incentives programs and related issues