Within 2 calendar days of admission, admission staff will meet with patients to explain their discharge appeal rights. They will obtain the signature of patient or patient's representative on the Important Message Form and have it scanned into EDM.
- Patient's will be instructed to call MetaStar if they have concerns about being discharged too soon
- MetaStar will contact the Quality Resources Department who will communicate with the OM or CM that a must be delivered to the patient
- If patient's have questions about this process they should be directed to Patient Relations at 263.8009
Within 2 days of discharge*, Coordinated Care staff will print a copy of this signed IM form, give it to the patient, and document delivery in the HealthLink Discharge Plan.
There are 3 different places this document may be found:
- Health Link/Chart review/Media tab
- In HealthLink/Documents & Patient Info
- Open up your patient's chart
- Click on select encounters
- Highlight (do not click on) the admission event you are interested in
- Click the "Update" button in the middle of the screen
- Then click "Documents & Pt Info" on the left hand side
- Highlight the one you want and click "Expand" at the bottom
- Once you click expand you will be able to "View Document" and print
*This form should be delivered as far in advance as possible before discharge, but no more than 2 calendar days before the day of discharge. Allow at least 4 hours for patient to consider their rights. Cannot routinely deliver on discharge date.
Hospital Discharge Appeal Rights