Wisconsin Lions Foundation
3834 County Road A
Rosholt, WI 54473-9355
Phone: (715) 677-4969 or toll-free (WI only): (877) 463-6953
The Objectives of the Wisconsin Lions Foundation Hearing Project:
- To promote public awareness of the scope of hearing loss and its effect on the individual and society.
- To increase public knowledge about prevention, recognition, and treatment for the hard of hearing.
- To collect and recycle both functioning and non-functioning used hearing aids for salvage credit, allowing the purchase of new hearing aids for recipients of the Lions Hearing Project.
Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center
- The Wisconsin Lions became a part of the Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center program in 1994. However, they have been collecting used eyeglasses for over 30 years.
- The center utilizes a local correctional system as a source for processing collected eyeglasses.
- Having established a permanent clinic in Mexico, representatives from the center make annual mission trips there, as well as to Jamaica.
- The Wisconsin Lions Foundation Eyeglass Recycling Center generally furnishes eyeglasses for Lions, as well as other organizations such as: Feed the Children and VOSH (Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity).