For Patients Beginning Dialysis
- Contact the Inpatient HD Placement Coordinator (Angela Gardner, 3.8748, or via InBasket message) to find out which unit they are setting up patient with, and what the schedule will be.
- Speak to the patient about their transportation plan.
- MA will pay for - otherwise it is an out of pocket expense. If patient does not have family available, try the Coalition on Aging.
- If the patient will dialyze in the UW system
- Contact Lynn Anderson (3.1503) in Admissions . She will initiate the Renal Medicare and WI Renal Disease Program applications.
- Contact the dialysis social worker (Stasia Korbitz or Deb Parker) to brief them on situation. They will like to know if the patient has advance directives and transportation as well as any other psychosocial issues we feel may impact their situation.
- HealthLink Documentation
- Document your planning in a
- Update the
- Update the DC Date
- Enter a Suggested Order for DC Face Sheet
- Send an InBasket request to CC COORD CARE OFFICE for DC Packet
- Note: Coordinated Care will enter a sticky note under in the “Communication” Patient Summary report in the “Notes to Staff” section once the DC Packet has been faxed. The sticky note will include: Name of Agency/fax number/ time the transmission when through. This will act as the confirmation for the information faxed.
Dialysis at UW
Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday, 7:30am to 6:30pm with on-call staff available 24/7. Located in C5/3.
Medicare.gov — Dialysis Facility Compare