- Never tell an inmate or family member when an inmate is scheduled for discharge. This is very important for security!
- Patients that have not had a change in their medical needs can usually return to their own correctional facility. Make a referral via ECIN.
- For patients that have new needs such as oxygen, or tube feedings, etc. notify the facility ASAP - they may have to order from an outside vendor.
- If an inmate needs 24 hour nursing care, and did not need it prior to admission, a referral must be made to Dodge Infirmary (920-324-6335) a minimum of 24 hours prior to DC.
- A UW Physician must also contact the Physician at Dodge Infirmary prior to DC to discuss patient care needs (920-324-6322).
- Once Dodge has accepted patient, original facility must be notified of this transfer.
- UWHC Pharmacist needs to call prison pharmacist to make sure they have medications in stock. If they do not, we will need to send a supply from our outpatient pharmacy.
- Transportation is provided by correctional officers. Let the guard know when the patient is ready to go, or call security unit directly (3-1322).
- Dodge will make every effort to have transportation at UW by 1300 or 1330 on the day of transfer
- FYI nursing needs to call a nursing report to the HSU.
- HUC's do not make return to clinic appointments.
- Document your planning in a
- Update the
- Update the DC Date & Time
- Enter a Suggested Order for DC Face Sheet
- Request faxing of DC Packet