What service(s) do you provide?
- Primarily services are for Inpatient Rehab patients, cover other units as well by consult.
- Functional therapy, leisure education/ modification and community integration.
When is it appropriate to initiate a referral to your service?
- A referral from a non-rehab floor may be indicated for patients who are here for a very long stay and have become very unmotivated, decrease of activity level, little or no family support, decrease in functional status that possibly could be encouraged with recreational activities, depression, a new disability status (amputee, wheelchair etc.)
- Boredom is not a reason for a referral.
Who can initiate a referral?
- Many times referrals are initiated by nursing, health psych, or OT, but the order needs to be written by the Dr. and then it comes through the A2K order system under Therapeutic Recreation.
What hours are you available?
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 8am–3pm
- Thursday, noon to 8pm
- Friday, 8am–noon
How do we reach you?
- Kris Kravik: 3-8075 x7 voice mail, pager 5631
Is there a separate fee added to the patient's bill for your service(s)?
What is your response time?
- All consults should be acknowledged with 24-48 hrs. I am, however, the only person so if I am not here someone will answer consult but not provide any services.
- Rehab patients are priority.