What service(s) do you provide?
- The University of Wisconsin Smoking Cessation and Prevention Clinic is an out-patient clinic for adult tobacco users.
Who can initiate a referral?
- Anyone, but referrals are not necessary. Most of our patients are self-referred.
What hours are you available?
- We are available by phone Monday–Friday between 9am and 5pm.
- Appointments are scheduled on Mondays at 4pm and 4:30pm.
- Support group sessions are held on Monday and Thursday evenings from 6–7pm. (All of the previously listed, excluding holidays.)
How do we reach you?
- Call 263-0573
Is there a separate fee added to the patient's bill for your service(s)?
- Yes. Call for current rate.
- This fee covers the initial appointment, (which consists of a pulmonary function test, carbon monoxide testing, consultation with a psychologist for individual counseling, and a visit with a physician) and at least eight weeks of support group sessions. It does not include medications.
- Many insurance companies now cover at least a portion (if not all) of the cost of our clinical services. Medication coverage varies according to each patient's insurance plan. Medical Assistance (MA) covers the entire cost of the program and approved medications in full.
Healthy Air for Kids
Mindfulness Training for Smokers (Meriter)
UW Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention
Wisconsin Quit Line