What service(s) do you provide?
- Staffing and equipment to support patients with respiratory difficulties.
When is it appropriate to initiate a referral to your service?
- In direct patient care, we are not independent practitioners; we function under physician's order.
- However, our department does provide considerable educational and technical consultative service to the academic medical center community within our range of expertise.
Who can initiate a referral?
- Specific services can only be ordered by a physician.
- Informal consultation is available to all health care team members.
What hours are you available?
- Direct patient care services are 24/7.
How do we reach you?
- The main administrative number is 3-7050.
- On inpatient units or clinics, patient service is requested via paging (2-2122).
- Home care or DME services are provided via Regional Services, a separate department, at 203-2273.
Is there a separate fee added to the patient's bill for your service(s)?
What is your response time?
Many of our services are provided to critically ill patients and are "stat!". The standard for response to routine pages is within 20 minutes.
Respiratory Therapy Department Policies and Scope of Services