What service(s) do you provide?
- Individual therapy for patients, siblings, and parents.
- Facilitate some groups on Hem-Onc.
- Provide consultation throughout children's hospital.
- Liaison work with schools where appropriate.
When is it appropriate to initiate a referral to your service?
- If the patient, family or consulting physician identifies difficulties relating to adjustment or requests psychological assessment.
Who can initiate a referral?
- Nurse practitioners or doctors
- Must have a paper consult
What hours are you available?
- Generally 8am–5pm, weekdays
- No weekend coverage
- Psychiatry is backup
How do we reach you?
- Consults should come through the computer to Health Psych
- Dr. Joel Wish, 263–8415
- Stephanie Farrell, Ph.D., 262–9185
- Kathryn Hammes, Ph.D., 890–9352
Is there a separate fee added to the patient's bill for your service(s)?
What is your response time?
- Generally within 24 working hours.