What service(s) do you provide?
- Psychosocial/emotional interventions for hospitalized children and their families.
- These include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation prior to the surgical process
- Support for parental involvement throughout the surgical process
- Sibling support
- Age appropriate/developmentally tailored activities that enhance coping for children newborn through 17 years of age.
When is it appropriate to initiate a referral to your service?
- When there is a child and/or family member in need of emotional support, adjustment to hospitalization, coping strategies.
Who can initiate a referral?
What hours are you available?
- 7am–8pm, Monday–Friday
- 9am–5pm, Saturday and Sunday
How do we reach you?
- Through the paging system
Is there a separate fee added to the patient's bill for your service(s)?
What is your response time?
- Generally, we give priorities to our patients in the inpatient units. However, we are able to accommodate other requests in a timely fashion, or if unable to give a specific time, will follow up within 24 hours.