Departments & Programs,UW Medical Foundation,Patient Resources,Social Work Services Quick Guide,Social Work Manual,AODA,Detox
Adults - Departments & Programs, UW Medical Foundation, Patient Resources, Social Work Services Quick Guide, Social Work Manual, AODA, Detox
- Part of Tellurian
- Located at 2914 Industrial Drive
- Direct Phone = (608) 223-3311
- They have both medical and social detox
- Locked facility, non-smoking
- 24 hr nursing
- Oversight by medical director
- Voluntary Admissions:
- Patients have to call to arrange their own admission and transportation there. Bed availability for voluntary admissions is rare.
- Protective Custody:
- Patients are transported via UW law enforcement: (608) 262-2957
- This is different than being Emergently Detained!
- Have to have a physician willing to say that the patient is incapacitated because they are intoxicated, or they are incapacitated by withdrawal symptoms
- Form should be filled out and copy sent with patient where doctor indicates if it is voluntary or protective Physician's signature is only needed if the placement is protective. Nursing Supervisor and ER have forms
- See Policy #8.09, "Protective Custody"