UW Medical Foundation,Patient Resources,Social Work Services Quick Guide,Social Work Manual,Advance Directives,POA-Health Care,POA Outpatient Process
Outpatient Surgery POA Process
Outpatient Surgery POA Process - UW Medical Foundation, Patient Resources, Social Work Services Quick Guide, Social Work Manual, Advance Directives, POA-Health Care, POA Outpatient Process
If a patient brings in a completed Advanced Medical Directive, Self-completed or Attorney completed
- Make 2 copies, one to be placed on the patient’s chart and the other to be tubed to Coordinated Care (tube #661) for review by a social worker. Remember to attach a face sheet and patient label. Return the original to the patient/family. Social work will send all documents to Medical Record for scanning after reviewed.
- Once an Advance Directive has been scanned you will find it located in the Chart Review Navigator under the Consent/Legal tab. You will also see and “FYI” in the header of the patient’s electronic record.
If a patient brings in an Advance Medical Directive that is not completed/ witnessed
- Page Social Work to have them complete/witness the Advance Directive.
- From paging website, scroll down to "Social Work Adult Inpt Day Triage"
- Place the POA/HC magnet on the communication board. Social Work will take care of making copies and sending them to get scanned
- If Social Work is unavailable to complete paper work before the procedure page them after the procedure to complete