UW Medical Foundation,Patient Resources,Social Work Services Quick Guide,Social Work Manual,Advance Directives,POA-Health Care,POA Outpatient Process
First Day Surgery POA Process
First Day Surgery POA Process - UW Medical Foundation, Patient Resources, Social Work Services Quick Guide, Social Work Manual, Advance Directives, POA-Health Care, POA Outpatient Process
If a patient brings in a completed Advance Medical Directive - Self completed or Attorney completed
- Make 2 copies, one to go on the patients chart and the other to be tubed to Coordinated Care (tube #661) for review by a social worker. Remember to attach a cover sheet with a patient label kept in file cabinet #2. Return the original to the patient. Social work will send all documents to Medical records for scanning after review.
- Once an Advance Medical Directive has been scanned you will find it located in the Chart Review Navigator under the Consent/Legal tab. You will also see “FYI” symbol in the header of the patients electronic record.
If a patient brings in an Advanced Medical Directive that is not completed/witnessed
- 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Page Social Work to have them complete/witness the Advanced Directive.
- From paging website, scroll down to "Social Work Adult Inpt Day Triage"
- Place the POA-HC magnet on the communication board. Social Work will take care of making copies and sending them to get scanned.
- Make a copy of the Advance Medical Directive. Send the copy to Coordinated Care (tube #661) with the cover sheet, patient label and the yellow “signatures required” sheet. Place original Advanced Directive in the patient’s chart with the “signatures required” sheet. Social Work will prioritize these forms.