UW Health Community Care
The physicians, clinics and hospitals of UW Health are committed to providing care to patients who are unable to pay for the medical services they receive. UW Health's Community Care program is designed to help these individuals.
The following guidelines help identify patients who should receive Community Care:
- The care is medically necessary
- UW Health is the appropriate provider for the level of care required by the patient
- Patient has no health insurance, or has medical bills not covered by insurance
- Patient is unable to get county, state or federal aid for medical care
- Patient lives in the UW Health market
- Patient's family income is at or below a certain level, or patient has medical bills that add up to at least half of yearly income. For these patients, UW Health will reduce the bill or not charge the patient for the medical care.
How to Apply for Community Care
To apply for UW Health Community Care, call:
- University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation UW Health Physicians: (608) 829-5254 or (877) 565-0505
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics: (608) 262-2221 or (866) 841-8535