Wisconsin Sleep is organized into two parts: the Sleep Clinic and the Sleep Laboratory.
- The Sleep Clinic offers consultation to referring physicians for evaluation and care of sleep disorders in their patients.
- The Sleep Laboratory provides conventional polysomnography, continuous positive airway pressure titration studies, multiple sleep latency testing and portable sleep apnea screening studies.
Note: Clinic appointments and laboratory services are available only by physician order and referral. Learn more at wisconsinsleep.com
How are sleep studies scheduled?
A. Individual patients may not schedule clinic or laboratory appointments with a Wisconsin Sleep physician for evaluation of sleep complaints at their own initiative. Physician referral is required.
Prior to scheduling a consultation appointment for your patient at the Wisconsin Sleep Clinic, we require the following:
- Signed Wisconsin Sleep Requisition Form (pdf)
- A recent clinic note from the primary care physician describing the clinical issue pertaining to the patients sleep problem and any attempted treatments
- A recent (less than six months) physical exam
After gathering and reviewing the necessary information, Wisconsin Sleep will assign the request to the appropriate sleep specialist and send the patient a sleep questionnaire. Once the completed questionnaire is returned, schedulers will contact the patient within three business days to set an appointment.
Sleep Apnea Screening