Meeting technology is continually evolving. Listed below is technology that UW Health currently offers. As UW Health grows and expands geographically – and as technology evolves-- UW Health IS will continue to develop and grow the communications you need to effectively collaborate across the miles.
Current Remote Meeting Technology Options:
UW Health IS also collaborates with the SMPH Health Sciences Learning Center and UW-Extension to help provide the best meeting solution for our customers who frequently straddle multiple organizations. In some cases, a meeting technology offered by the HSLC or UW-Extension may better meet your needs.
How do I Host a One-on-One meeting between UW Health Employees at UW Health Locations?
- Cisco Jabber: Jabber is more than simply an IM (instant messaging) tool. You can share your desktop, share files, send screenshots – It’s like a mini-webinar. And, if you each have a webcam or a Dell Mulitmedia Monitor (offered through IS Hardware) you and the employee you are meeting with can share your camera for a face-to-face meeting –a mini-video conference. *Jabber works only on the internal UW Health network. And only between UW Health staff set-up with Jabber by UW Health IS.
- UW Health WebEx: Offers everything that Jabber offers (audio, screen sharing, file sharing, camera) but in addition provides you with a recording option, collaboration whiteboard tools, and application sharing (that is, both parties can make edits and work on the same document ). *Requires the meeting host to have their own UW Health WebEx account.
- Video Conferencing: Is seeing each other and body language a priority for the meeting? Don’t have a webcam but you both have access to a UW Health conference room with a video system? Place a point-to-point video call between UW Health conference rooms with video systems. Or use your UW Health WebEx account to dial into a video system.ormation Services
How do I Host a one-on-one meeting between an on-site UW Health employee and an off-site employee/home worker?
- Cisco Jabber: *Requires the off-site employee or home worker to both be using a UW Health corporate laptop with Jabber installed and access to the UW Health VPN.
- UW Health WebEx: If you can reach the internet, you can use WebEx, no matter who owns the computer you are using or the network you are on. WebEx also gives you the option to include home workers in group meetings. *Some organizations with secure firewalls might block access to WebEx on the worldwide web. Be sure to check out the WebEx user guide, “Citrix and WebEx”
How do I Host a meeting between UW Health Conference Rooms?
Is your priority to share files on the computer (PowerPoint, web sites, applications) and talk with each other?
Is your priority to see each other to build rapport and increase engagement – and also share content (or not)?
This requires using a UW Health supported Conference Room with a Video System.
- UW Health WebEx Video Conferencing *This requires you to have a UW Health WebEx account with the feature “Video System” enabled
- UW Health IS Video Bridge *If you do not have a UW Health WebEx account, UW Health IS can schedule the video conference on the UW Health Video Bridge. (Please submit a ServiceNow ticket.)
How do I loop in people who can’t make it to the UW Health conference room?
UW Health WebEx (provides phone numbers for an audio-only connection or links for a computer connection) *This requires you to have a UW Health WebEx account
How do I Host a meeting with Professionals From External Organizations
- UW Health WeEx and/or WebExVideo Conferencing (provides phone numbers for an audio-only connection, links for a computer connection and a dialing string for video systems.) *This requires you have a UW Health WebEX Account with the feature "Video System" enabled
- UW Health IS Video Bridge *If you do not have a UW Health WebEx account, UW Health IS can schedule the video conference on the UW Health Video Bridge (Please submit a ServiceNow ticket.)
Unsure what Technology the External Organization has? Need Training or Room Orientation?
Submit a ticket in ServiceNow in advance of the event requesting technical advice and training.
UW Health Conference Rooms with Video Systems
UW-Extension Instructional Communications Systems website