The UW Provider Advocacy team was created to effectively serve the needs of medical professionals and the patients they serve. The team is available to assist in a number of ways when medical professionals need to access the resources available through UW Health. We understand that good communication is vital to the co-management of patients. Please feel free to contact the Provider Relations Coordinator or Physician Liaisons if you need assistance.
Provider Relations Coordinator
The Provider Relations Coordinator is a hospital-based advocate for referring providers, their staff, referral coordinators and health plan staff.
The Provider Relations Coordinator is available to:
- Assist with navigation of the UW Health System and services
- Assist with referrals including referrals to multiple specialties and coordination of timely appointments to meet you and your patient’s needs
- Assist with communication and access issues
- Provide information about UW Health Providers, specialty clinics, procedures and any information needed to access the services available
- Provide clinical reports
- Assist with problems and complaint resolution
- Provide resource information
Provider Relations Coordinator, Lori Klitzke, is available at (608) 263-8013 or email@example.com.
UW Health Physician Liaison Program
The UW Health Physician Liaison program has a long history of working with medical professionals and their staff who refer patients to UW Health. Physician Liaisons work to ensure convenient access to hospital and clinic services, and continued communication with UW Health providers.
The Physician Liaisons are available to:
- Provide information on:
- New physicians, treatments and services at UW Health
- Clinical research trials
- Continuing medical education opportunities
- Assist with relationship building activities, such as UW Health physician visits to community physician offices, or community physician site visits to UW Hospital and Clinics or American Family Children’s Hospital
- Arrange speaking engagements for medical staff meetings/retreats
- Assist with resolving referral, access or communication concerns
Each physician liaison serves a unique territory as shown on the UW Health Physician Liaison Territories Map.
A listing of all Physician Liaisons are available on the above map, on the Provider Advocacy Directory listing or by contacting Katie Greiber at (608) 890-5793 or KGreiber@uwhealth.org.