Marketing is the intersection between the vast array of care providers, facilities, programs and services available from our health care enterprise and the many audiences we serve. It is more than just promotion and publicity; it is every touch point, every contact and every memory we create for our patients and their families, our referral sources, our staff, our students and our faculty.
Marketing is the process of understanding our audiences well enough to know their needs and wants and satisfy them with our services, experiences and communications. It is a process that involves listening, understanding, creating, communicating, delivering and exchanging information that adds value to peoples’ lives.
From a managerial point of view, marketing is the process of knowing:
- Who are the target markets?
- Where are the markets located geographically?
- What do they want?
- How do they get information about health and health care?
- Do our services meet their needs?
- If not, what changes should we consider?
- How do we make them aware of our services and programs?
- How will we know if we’ve been successful?
If you would like us to help you promote your service/program to a target audience, please contact your account manager.