Business Transformation Initiative
Over the next two years, UW Health will be launching an important initiative to consolidate our UWHC and UWMF financial, supply chain and human resource systems and respective business processes in support of our integration journey. The consolidation is identified as Business Transformation, and is a significant step in UW Health’s commitment to continuous improvement and efficiency.
The Business Transformation steering committee, including Human Resources, Supply Chain, Finance, and Information Services, formulated the strategic vision and direction for the execution and support of this initiative.
Business Transformation program guiding principles:
- Standardization and Transformation - Standardized business processes using innovative leading practices. Consolidated and/or centralized where value is demonstrated
- Operational Alignment - As part of bridging the gap between strategy and execution, standardized enterprise-wide policies, procedures, and workflows should be established in order to achieve the benefits in service, effectiveness, compliance and productivity
- Customizations - Functionality should be utilized to the fullest extent possible to support an enterprise solution. Requests for scope changes and customizations will require approval of the steering committee and/or executive sponsor(s)
- Communication - Promote regular, open and honest, two-way communication with stakeholders throughout the project about design, key decisions and status
- Access to Information - Deliver the right information, to the right people, at the right place, at the right time, to enable meaningful real-time decision making. Core data, delivered through standard tools, reports, and dashboards, will be the foundation, enhanced over time to support the organization’s information needs.
- Governance - Decisions will be made and issues escalated in a timely manner so that they do not impede the project timeline. Decisions and issues will follow the established project governance structure and escalation path.
- Decision Making - If you cannot attend a key meeting, support decisions made by the project team
- Automation - Eliminate manual processes through the use of delivered PeopleSoft 9.2 functionality and tools
Steering Committee Members:
- Elizabeth Bolt - SVP, Chief Administration Officer
- Bob Flannery - SVP, Chief Financial Officer
- Jocelyn Dewitt - SVP, Chief Information Officer
- Sandy Clark - VP, Chief Applications Officer
- Wayne Frangesch - VP, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Dennis Maher - VP, Supply Chain
- Jodi Vitello - VP, Finance
Submit questions to email@example.com.
Concur Travel and Expense System