UW Health’s Human Resources team mission is simple: recruit, retain, recognize and reward excellent employees and physicians as they strive to deliver compassionate care and provide excellent clinical quality to all who need to visit our clinics and hospitals.
A few key highlights:
- In fiscal year 2016, we filled 4,000+ positions – a 25% increase from 2015
- In fiscal year 2017, we filled 4,000+ positions
- We aligned and integrated New Employee Orientation and New Leader Orientation across UW Health
- We are over halfway through the review of every employee‘s pay to align legacy UWHC and UWMF practices and ensure pay is consistent with the new market based model. Our new performance based pay increase process covers more than 95% of current HC and MF employees.
- Our organizational vacancy rate remains low at 3.08%, compared to 5.10% (2016 national median). Our turnover rate is 12.52%, compared to 13.80% (2016 national median).
- We provided over 54,000 hours of education and training to over 14,000 staff and leaders over the past year
In the coming year, we are continuing these recruitment and onboarding efforts while working to reduce our time to fill positions. Additionally, we are continuing our efforts to reconcile all UWHC and UWMF policies into UW Health policies.
We thank all of you for the support you have provided in our efforts as UW Health transforms into a true health care system. We ask for your continued support as we move forward and work to become a more diverse, inclusive and equitable health care system for our staff, our patients and their families.
Please take this opportunity to review HR’s strategic priorities to learn more about how we are working to continue our support of the mission of UW Health. It provides a clear vision for 2017 while accommodating the evolving needs of UW Health’s overall strategic and operational priorities.
Through all of our efforts, we want to ensure that we are providing satisfactory customer service for all UW Health employees. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please feel free to call (608) 263-6500 or submit an Ask HR case.